Friday, September 6, 2013

Music Review: Jimpster [Freerange Records]

 
How Deep Knights got its groove back *Whew* after a few weeks of no music reviews (blame the deep knights top 10’s), we got super excited at the arrival of Jamie Odell aka Jimpster in S.A. One of my top producers in the world! So I’m very excited to do this review. British producer/dj and founder of the record label Freerange records if you didn’t know, Started in 1996 with his friend Tom Roberts. One of the most consistent record labels I might add, Includes massive names like Shur-I-Ken, Milton Jackson, Manuel Tur, Lovebirds, Tony Lionni and Detroit Swindle amongst others. Jimpster played in a live electronica band “The Bays” from 2007, but eventually had to choose between carrying on with the band and focusing on his Djing and record label.
 

Born into a musical family, Jimpster was influenced and encouraged by his father Roger Odell who is the drummer in the jazz-funk band Shakatak. It was there that he was first exposed to electronic synthesizers and recording equipment at around age 10.
 
 



So far I just know only of his gig at House 22 Pretoria and The Warm-up in Johannesburg but I’ll try to get info on what else he’s going to be up to while in S.A or if you know just email us on deepknights1@hotmail.com so we can put up on the page and let everyone else know.

So like we always do, I’m going to let you in on a few of my favourites Jimpster tracks that I think you should definitely check out.



Jimpster-Dangly Panther Original Mix
 
 
 
 

Terrence Parker - Love's Got Me High (Jimpster Remix)
 
 
 
 
Lisa Shaw – Let it ride (Jimpster remix)
 
 
 

*sigh* I wish I could give you more of my favourites but unfortunately it has to stop at 3, and I didn't even get to give you tracks like Sleeper and Just the kind of girl but hey, look them up and continue the journey of understanding Jimpster. Don't forget to catch him at House 22 tonight Friday 06 September and also at The warm-up Saturday 07 September. See you there :)


Find us on

Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeepKnightsUnleashed
Twitter: Deep_Knights
email: deeepknights1@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment