Friday, August 2, 2013

Music Review: Wayne Tennant

 
This week we look at Songwriter/Singer/Performer/House Music Artist Mr. Wayne Tennant.

 
 
I really thought I knew Wayne Tennant until I had look up his history for today's music review and I now respect his work more than I ever did before. You can never pin down Wayne's style of music, very diverse and oh so fresh. And I'm not just talking about his Dance/House music side, I'm sure you've also heard or felt elements of Pop, jazz and R&b in his music. When it came to this post and which song to focus on, I just couldn't decide. But the first choice, and I'm not being bias cause I love this and been playing it ever since its release. IndySoul Pres. Wayne Tennant - I'm Done (Original mix), I love the lyrics on that.

"The song "I'm Done" is based on experiences of my own in the past as well as other people's experiences.  I wrote it on the basis of a relationship with another as well as with one's self when it comes to just getting to the point where you want things to change and if it means getting rid of a habit that is no good for you then so be it." He said on a interview with Dj Plus Groove

Second popular choice that I've also been playing for some time, haha pure coincidence. This one shook dance floors across S.A and it still does, Fred Everything Feat. Wayne Tennant - Mercyless. released on the album "Lost Together" was voted a favourite on iTunes plus. I've been trying to get Wayne for our Deep Knights Top 10 but no response from him, how about we do some kind of a petition [laughs] let's all go write on his Facebook wall or tweet him, "#DKTop10" until he has no choice but to say yes, haha how about that?



Back to the music, last song you should definitely go buy has to be Filipe Narciso Feat. Wayne Tennant - Follow Through (Original Mix). Fast becoming a favourite as I see more and more people talk about it, very beautiful and soulful track that definitely moves you. I love the R&B vibe that Wayne brings to it, amazing songwriter he is. Check below for links to buy/listen to the 3 songs mentioned on the post.

 
 
 

And don't forget, if you want Wayne Tennant featured on the Deep Knights Top 10 after we resume from Women's month this August, then help us get him by writing "#DKTop10" on his Facebook wall: Wayne Tennant or tweet him @TennantMusic (don't forget to cc: @Deep_Knights) haha let's do this guys!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment